10.08.2009

St. Remy and Les Olivades

The other day all the fibers girls went on a field trip to Les Olivades and the town of St. Remy. Les Olivades is the last local printing facility left to print traditional provencal fabrics. The experience was amazing. There were beautiful, beautiful fabrics. Lot's of interesting machinery. Ton's of screens. And giant printing tables that seemed to go on and on for eternity. 

Here's what I got to see:

This woman was our tour guide at Les Olivades. 

. . .

. . .

This was one of the screens that they use to print the fabrics. It was bigger than me! 

(P.S. Look daddy! I finally got the zipper put into my feedsack skirt and I looooved wearing it so much!)


. . .

This is their giant washing machine. 

And here are those printing tables that never seemed to end. Luckily they were printing some yardage that day and we were able to watch the process. We could have probably stayed and watched them print all day!


Beautiful fabrics everywhere you looked.




Sweet little printed scarves from their showroom. It's funny but these reminded me of my screen printing final...(the image that I used above as the header for my blog was also a screen print I did this summer!)

After Les Olivades we went and wandered around the cute little town of St. Remy. Janelle, Erica, Melissa, and I ate sandwiches at a cute cafe, enjoyed ice cream, and bought chocolates from the most amazing little chocolate store in the world! 

It was a great day. The best day yet.

1 comment:

  1. les olivades was so amazing! i bought a scarf there as one of my splurges...sigh..love it! love your pics!

    ReplyDelete